Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Pixelated and Tulle Hair Bow DIY




Hello Dinosaurs! As many of you have probably noticed, wearing bows in my hair is my trademark. So it was only natural that I wanted to include this for me and my bridesmaids at my wedding!

So today I'm showing you how I made our customized bows! It's an easy, quick project that will allow you to customize your own bow!


Supplies needed: perler bead bows or other art, scissors, hot glue, needle, thread, and sharp knife (not pictured)


1. First, create your pixelated art using perler beads, following its provided directions. 




2. Place tulle underneath perler bead bow. Using the bow as reference, cut the tulle in a rectangle, about an inch larger than bow on all sides. (The tulle could be larger or smaller depending on how much tulle you want behind the perler bead bow).


3. Repeat and cut out multiple layers of tulle of the same size. For this bow I used 6 layers. Stack the layers on top of one another.


4. Pinch the stack of tulle in the center to create a bow shape.


5. Using your needle and thread, sew together the layers of tulle at the center where you pinched, keeping it in its bow shape.


6. Using a sharp knife, carefully score the back of the perler bead bow multiple times all over the center area. This will help the glue to stick better, since the surface is normally very slick.



7. Take your hot glue gun and add glue to the center of the tulle bow.  Place perler bead bow on top, pressing the two together firmly until glue dries.


8. You now have one complete bow piece!


9. To attach the hair clip, add hot glue to the clip and press onto the back of the bow. After the glue dries, sew the clip onto the bow for additional support, if your particular hair clip allows.


And you're done! These bows are super easy to make for any occasion! Below is the finished product used at the wedding:


For my bow, I made the perler bead portion white and used both teal and purple tulle, to combine both of our wedding colors. I was super happy with the results!

I hope you enjoyed this fun little craft project! Thank you for reading!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment